Friday, February 20, 2009

Issues

I think I am in the midst of an MS relapse. As a quick update - I was taken off the fingolimod (oral trial drug) at the beginning of February because my Lymphocyte levels dropped too low. I can't go back on the medication till my levels reach at least .6 which we are hoping will only take 1 month, but there is no way to be sure. I just have to keep getting my blood tested until it is high enough again.

Anyway back to the relapse. My upper right back, shoulder blade area, as gone numb tingly again and my upper arm is very heavy feeling. I have also been getting the headaches/shooting pain above my left eye that I usually get when Optic Neuritis wants to visit.

I have emailed my study coordinator and will see what she says. I am sure it will mean a visit to all my lovely doctors, which I am not looking forward to, but I am required to report all this since I am still considered a trial participant.

I will keep everyone updated on what happens.

No comments: